Thursday, December 6, 2007

Background Video on HidroAysén Dam Proposals in Patagonia

I am slowly getting my feet under me for pulling this new vozsilvestre Blog together, and for getting ready to travel back down to South America. Everything is happening very fast now, but the learning curve is in my favor it seems.

What I would like to share here are some short YouTube videos, one from Glenn Switkes at International Rivers and the other a little celebrity NRDC video with Beto Cuevas of La Ley, the Chilean rock band. Hay una versión en español del video de Beto también.

Both of these videos describe the threats to Patagonian rivers and landscapes due to major hydroelectric development. Take a look at these and learn some basics about the HidroAysén project that I will be heading down to check out more closely. Wish us luck!! And go ahead and take action with NRDC.





No comments: